Custom Search

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Glencastle Resort


Each day of my stay on the relaxed tropical Caribbean island of St. Lucia began at the Glencastle Resort tucked away and up on a hill in Gros Islet. It is a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle from the string of resorts and small boutique hotels in Rodney Bay (a high tourist trafficked area) which was perfect for my vacation needs. I knew where the action was when I wanted to be in it and I knew where to hide when I needed that as well. Upon check-in I immediately felt at ease and welcomed by a family of front-desk staff at my new seven-night home away from home.

The manner in which I discovered the Gelncastle Resort is unlike hotel, hostel and accommodation searches from the past. For starters I called up the Ginger Lily hotel located in Rodney Bay one late night and confessed that I really liked their hotel and would love to crash there, but it was way out of my budget and if it would be possible to assist me in my complete 180 of travel plans - last minute. I needed something a bit cheaper and the gentleman on the other end promised to make some calls to help me out. The next day he informed me that the best place he could find in my price range was the Glencastle. I thanked him though I don't know what it was he discussed or whether he passed along my poor sad sob story, but I couldn't have scored a better place to rest my head and dream of handsome island men fanning me on an idyllic beach all while sipping on cool coconut water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search